Your right to privacy is important to us
CISD is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with obligations under all relevant legislation in relation to your personal information collected by our web site.
Security of your personal information
CISD is aware of the importance of personal information and takes data privacy and confidentiality very seriously. CISD carefully protects the security of and properly manage the personal information you provided.
Using your personal information
In some areas of the web site, you may be asked to provide information that will enable CISD to enhance your visit or follow up with you after your visit. The personal information collected, that will be required to respond to your site visit and any services you required, may include:
- name and job title
- occupation and company details
- interests in order to provide you with details of the CISD products and services
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
The personal information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used to support your relationship with CISD and its associated companies. CISD may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to send information to you which it thinks may be of interest to you;
- to improve its products and services;
- to provide information relating to you or others if you indicate that you want to receive marketing material or similar communications;
- to provide aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help CISD develop their web site and services. CISD may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
If you have provided contact details, CISD may contact you by email from PIC (email@example.com).
This information will not be disclosed nor sold to any organization outside our corporate group. However, we reserve the right to disclose your information to the extent, in our reasonable opinion, which is necessary to support or maintain the operation of our web site, to comply with relevant law or as otherwise compelled by legal, governmental or regulatory authorities.
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to say that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously not objected to CISD using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing an email by accessing “Contact” in our web site.
CISD may also like to provide you with information by e-mail. However, CISD realizes that e-mail “spam” has become a problem in recent years. If you are a customer or you have previously asked CISD for information on its products, CISD may send you information on its range of products by e-mail, unless you have asked CISD not to do so.
If the reason for you to have given CISD the personal information is to receive e-mail information from us, CISD, will continue to provide this information by e-mail unless you ask us not to do so.
Otherwise, when you provide CISD with personal information, you will be asked whether or not you are happy to allow CISD to send you this kind of information by e-mail.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails from CISD, please contact us by sending a message by accessing “Contact” in the CISD web site.
Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the Hong Kong that do not have similar protections in place regarding your information and its use. CISD may also transfer details to associated companies, some of which are outside Hong Kong or to third parties, for the purposes set out above. CISD has taken the steps outlined above to try and improve the security of your information. CISD will ensure that such information is held and handled in accordance with the related Laws of the Hong Kong where applicable.
Under the related Laws of the Hong Kong, you may request details of personal information that CISD holds about you, of which an official fee will be payable. If you want to make a request, you should write to us by accessing “Contact” in the CISD web site.
If you believe that any information CISD holds about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write to us by accessing “Contact” in the CISD web site. Any information that is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.
The web site may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other web sites. If the user uses the links to leave the CISD web site and visit a web site operated by a third party, CISD does not have any control over that web site. Therefore, CISD are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users have provided while visiting such web sites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.